Sunday, August 30, 2015

First Things First - Introductions

Welcome to my site! My name is Amanda Butler and I am from DuBois, Pennsylvania. I am starting this blog for my English 420 course through Penn State New Kensington. English 420 is a course designed for building a personal portfolio and blog on the web. This course is not necessary for my major, but it is a topic that I am interested in. I currently have a personal website and I look forward to improving it!

- College Life -

I am a full-time student. I attend Penn State DuBois, though I am technically enrolled at Penn State New Kensington. My goal while at Penn State was to learn as much as possible and make the most of my college experience. In May 2014, I graduated with an Associate of Science in Information Sciences and Technology, specializing in Networking. During my time as a student in the two year program, I was awarded the Academic Excellence in Information Sciences and Technology and the Associate Academic Achievement Award, overall. I am currently majoring in Information Sciences and Technology and minoring in Security Risk Analysis. I will graduate with a Bachelor of Science in May of 2016. I will also be graduating with an Associate of Science in Business Administration in August 2016. I have also participated in a Health Information Technology program that allowed me to complete a Health Informatics certificate. I will soon be taking the exam to become a Certified Associate in Health Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS).

While at Penn State, I have also been involved in many non-academic parts of college life. I am a member of Penn State DuBois Delta Mu Sigma Honor Society. This past spring, I was inducted into the Pennsylvania State University chapter of the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi. I am currently President of the Penn State DuBois Information Technology (IT) Club. This past summer, I was a Orientation Leader for New Student Orientation which allowed me to be apart of the new students first days on campus. I was also selected to attend the PSU Summer Leadership Conference, which was an amazing experience. I am looking forward to participating in Penn State DuBois's Alternative Spring Break (ASB) trip to Arizona.


- Personal Life - 

While I'm busy being a full time student, my husband is making it all possible! Jonathon and I have been together since I was 16 years old. We were married October 3rd, 2014. While a young marriage is usually considered unconventional, I was lucky enough to have married my best friend. He works in the oil field, usually about two hours away. His motto is "I work hard so she doesn't have to." While I don't exactly agree with his motto, I definitely appreciate that he lets me be a full time student. We don't plan on having children any time soon, so we invest everything into our fur-children, Reese Cup and Maximus. Reese Cup is four years old and suffers from
epilepsy. She requires a strict schedule of medication and limited changes. Maximus is almost two, and is a never ending ball of energy. The two together are the perfect pair.

- Work Life - 

While being a full-time student, I am thankful to have Work Study. I work on campus in the labs dedicated to Information Technology and Sciences. I get to test software and hardware, create tests environments, and help the faculty that are teaching there. I also recently partnered with a friend to create Tech Mages IT Consulting and Computer Repair. Our business offers professional technology services at an affordable rate for the area we live in.



Now, I've come to the part where I want to discuss the topic of this blog. If you're still with me, you probably know that I love technology. Technology is a passion of mine, and there is always more to learn. For this blog, I would like to discuss technology. Some things I hope to include are technology reviews, discussions, and more.

Thanks for reading!

Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment